Being a newbie can be pretty daunting- even in the virtual world where nobody knows the real you except what you’re willing to show. Since I only started blogging in February this year, I often wonder if it is possible to get others to read and enjoy my posts. Anyway, when Shahz Sure Scribbles nominated me for the Leibster Award, I was so pleased and honoured to be chosen for this. Thanks so much for your thoughtfulness! I’m thankful for the award and the chance to share some bits about myself.
So, here we go…
- I turned 42 last April, a Taurean and a Tiger
- I have two birthdays 😃
- After graduating from the university, I taught in an international school for 17 years before resigning in August 2015
- The love of my life is made up of a toddler, a pre-schooler, a tween, a teen and a middle-aged man- two older boys and two younger girls to be exact
- Besides the lovelies above, I have an on going love affair with chocolates, hot mocha and teh tarik, a Malaysian sweet thick milk tea
- I read everything and anything for entertainment- reading has always been my favourite pastime since young and I have a habit of bringing something to read wherever I go
- I find Jane Austen, Oprah Winfrey, Paulo Coelho, Tarik Ramadan and Tom Hanks inspiring
- Walking, writing, shopping and having a cuppa help me de-stress after a long day or a pick me up when going through a horrid time
- I’m a great fan of Korean documentaries, dramas and variety shows on TV though I don’t speak the language-would love to visit the country one day
- A city that I enjoy visiting again and again is Jakarta, Indonesia
- Heights give me the fright
The questions I was given:
1.Do you believe in God?
Yes, I do with all my heart, without a doubt and I also believe in the power of prayers.
2.What is Blogging to you?
A way to unwind by letting the words do all the talking- a therapeutic exercise in unloading thoughts and emotions
3.What is your biggest goal in life and why?
Hmm…truthfully I don’t have one but if it’s a goal for now, I’d like to be debt free so that I can fully enjoy this temporary ‘retirement’ by not having concerns on financial expenses
4.Are you family oriented and What does family mean to you?
My family always comes first no matter what, so yes! They are my home, heart and soul- the core of my being
5.Life’s biggest challenge that you’ve faced,and when?
The year after having my youngest child- had a tough time juggling work and home as the demands of both were too much to cope with. Everything was overwhelming but I had to put up a brave and positive front in order to stay sane and keep going. It consumed too much of my well-being that depression was looming and I hated myself for not being able to snap out of it. Thus the reason for taking a break from working so that I can rebuild my inner peace.
6.Your views on traveling and when did you catch the travel Bug?
I love discovering new places as it opens up your eyes to another world that is probably similar or different to yours. Caught the travel bug when I was in primary school where I often visited my families living in different parts of Malaysia over the school breaks. Sometimes it would just be me and my elder sister making the trips on a bus- a real adventure to be without an adult in tow!
7.Best travel destination and why?
Perth, Australia. I love the open space, and how easy it is to get around with its reliable public transports. Also the city is kids friendly which is very important when you’re travelling with the family.
8.Are you a Foodie?
Absolutely! Malaysia is a foodie heaven where food is the main topic of most conversation…and it’s available 24/7 😋
9.How do you describe Desserts?
A delightful mood booster
10.If you were given a chance,what would you do to change the world?
Making all countries responsible for preserving the environment so that the world will still be liveable for the future generation.
11.Lastly, how would you like to be remembered?
A warm-hearted person who is a friend to everyone
My questions to my nominees:
- What inspires you to blog?
- Do you have a hidden talent-what is it?
- Are you an introvert or extrovert? Or something in between (I’m a closet intovert!)
- If you were a world leader, who would you be and why?
- Which human traits that you truly can’t tolerate?
- Describe yourself in one word.
- When someone hurt you, what is your usual reaction? Do you forgive easily?
- What’s your favourite music genre? List your top 3 singers/bands
- What was your ambition when you were in primary school? What are you doing now?
- Do you support any welfare or charity groups?
- Give a description of your personal style- is there a statement colour/ accessory/ jewellery that makes you unique
Here are the rules for the Liebster Award:
1) Thank the blog who nominated you and link back to them.
2) Make a blog post telling 11 facts about you.
3) Answer the 11 questions from the blog who nominated you,
4) Prepare 11 questions for those you will nominate.
5) Nominate 5 new bloggers (those who have less than 200 followers)
My nominees are:
Apologies if some of you have done this before, but I personally would like to know more about you. Thanks heaps in advance and I hope you’ll enjoy it 🙂